Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Vacation's all I ever wanted...

Sorry folks...no pictures to post. We put ALL technology away for the weekend while on vacation. No, there won't be any pictures to commemorate our trip...but, without all the distractions of cameras, cell phones, and video cameras; we were able to just sit back and relax. It was so nice!

Jeff, Matthew, and I traveled to North Carolina to visit our good friend Matt. The trip was absolutely perfect! The weather was beautiful, the scenery was awesome, and we had the time of our lives in Raleigh.

Our vacation was full of relaxing, fabulous food/drinks (sparkling for me of course), and good friends. Matt is quite the local celebrity...I have never seen anything like it. Everywhere we went, people knew him and were offering us complimentary food/drinks, etc. Our last night, we went out to my favorite restaurant of the trip. My filet mignon melted in my mouth...mmmm!

Highlight of my trip...Matt surprised me with a manicure and pedicure fit for a princess...his treat! We drove to an upscale shopping area and when we walked into the spa...I was thinking 'What are we doing here?' Then, Matt turned to me and said, 'They will take good care of you here.' He wanted to do something nice for me, since I wouldn't be able to go out on the town with them that evening. My fingers and toes are so pretty! I told Jeff that I am exempt from dishes/Matthew's baths for at least a week!

Matt showed us what true 'Southern Hospitality' is. He was the perfect host. We had so much fun and at the same time were able to completely relax and just enjoy being on vacation. My only wish is that we would have planned to stay a few more days...

No comments: