Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mmmm mmm!

Jeff and I recently got a new freezer, so I went on a marathon cooking and baking to fill it up! Sunday, I made lots of goodies. Yesterday, I made tomato bisque, cheddar biscuits, cinnamon rolls, muffins, and zucchinni bread.
In order to increase my efficiency when I am cooking this many meals, I look at all of the recipes and see what ingredients overlap. I chop, dice, and slice all of my ingredients before I start.

Also, something I have found helpful...for items that I love to bake, I pre-mix the dry ingredients and store them in canning jars with labels. I usually make 2-3 batches of dry ingredients for each of our favorite items. Any more than that is too much and any less isn't worth the effort. By eliminating the step of combining the dry ingredients, I save a ton of time!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

OHHH!! my mouth is watering. I never thought I'd be jealous of someone being able to bake and cook but I am! When i get a stove I am going to bake cupcakes just because i can! LOL maybe in time to bake Matthew a cupcake for his birthday :) Oh and I've been craving baked acorn, butternut, spaghetti (you name it) squash. Love the freezer idea though, you'll have to share some more details!! I freeze everything into single portions for quick microwave meals--since my microwave is my BFF these days. Who ever thought I'd get sick of pizza.

Reena said...

Can I hire you to cater my next party please? Those biscuits look heavenly.