Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ode to Jeff


I have to hand it to Jeff...he has really stepped it up over the past few month. I always knew that Jeff would be an amazing husband. And, I used to chalk up his cooking and cleaning to living in a one bedroom apartment with nothing better to do. Boy was I wrong. The man is a machine.

When we bought our house, it was incredibly overwhelming realizing all of the projects that we had ahead of us. Jeff worked feverishly on the house, getting it ready for move-in day. I figured it was a phase...he would burn out and all of the little projects that I wanted done would go to the way side. However, Jeff has surprised me...I dare say SHOCKED me with his continuing efforts on the house. Every day after work, we eat dinner and Jeff tackles one project after another. Just last week, he turned our dungeon of a laundry area into a clean, workable space. And, somehow after working for a few hours, Jeff manages to make time for Matthew and me...usually a walk and reading to Matthew.

I admire Jeff's tenacity and his drive for perfection. He never ceases to amaze me at what he can build or dream up for our house. Our house is not even close to where we want it. She is a work-in-progress. But, slowly and surely she is coming along thanks to my talented husband. Next project...the roof and guest bedroom upstairs. Good luck Jeff!

1 comment:

patty said...

I just love it when my daughters-in-law talk about their husbands with such love!