Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tell Me What to Eat

If any of you are anything like me, I often ask myself..."Should I eat organic?"

Some research shows that organic foods (those grown without pesticides and antibiotics) are not nutritionally superior to those produced conventionally. But a University of California, Davis, study of organic berries and corn found that they contained 60 percent more antioxidants than their non-organic counterparts. Regardless, eating organic at least some of the time is a great way to minimize pesticide intake. According to the Environmental Working Group, here are the most and least pesticide-laden foods when grown conventionally.

4 comments:

Angie said...

That's good to know. Seems like it's best to buy organic when you're eating the peel or covering of the fruit.

Rachael said...

Very interesting to know! I eat mostly everything on those lists--but try to wash the stuff really good. I tend to buy organic stuff when its on sale. I agree it's definetly better for you. Even Baylie eats organic food :)

Arie said...

Did you know that all human embryos have gill pouches and tails?

It's crazy!

Arie said...

PS~ not to mention eating organic is expen$ive!