Friday, March 20, 2009

Good Reads

My new treat is XM Radio. I love listening to Dr. Laura Berman's "Better in Bed," series on my ride home from school. I bought her latest book on a whim and LOVED it! Dr. Berman shows how it is possible to combine the reality of everyday life with fantastic sex. Maybe this is an overshare read, but whatev...I am just being honest about what piques my interest.

Ever drive through a ritzy neighborhood and wonder, "What do these people do for a living?!" The author of this book took a very direct and entertaining route to answer this question: he picked the 20 wealthiest neighborhoods in America and went door to door, garnering interviews with 50 very wealthy, very different individuals. While the author freely admits that his sample is far from scientific, weighted heavily to friendly people who happened to be at home when he went calling, this book is witty and inspiring. Makes me want to go knock on some doors...

3 comments:

Angie said...

Can I borrow the Laura Berman book? I saw her on Oprah and thought about getting it.

Rachael said...

I just added both to my amazon wish list :)

Jacqueline said...

Yes, you can borrow it. I am almost done! I will try to finish by Easter.