Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lemons

On my way to school today at 4:40PM, I crashed my car. Wonderful. With two days of school left, if I did not make it to school by 6:00PM, I would have been withdrawn. Fortunately for me, the Royal Oak police department has their act together and I made it to school by 5:30PM. With just a few bruises, a smashed car, and a pit in my stomach, I managed to pull myself together to rock out a highlight/haircut.

Oh, but the story doesn't end there...in the meantime poor Jeff drove all the way to Royal Oak, had to drive the crashed Civic home, and arrived only to find out that he forgot to take my key. He called maintenance, had to feed Matthew a COLD bottle, and sat in the car for 20 minutes. Maintenance man arrived...would not let Jeff in the apartment. WHY?! Because his name is not on the lease. With some "crying baby persuasion," the maintenance guy caved and let Jeff in. Whew!

Yes, I am alive, but my car looks like someone took a sledge hammer to the side of it. Also, because I hit a curb after being hit, my tire is all jacked up making the car unsafe to drive. Life is handing us some pretty ripe lemons...time to make some lemonade.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Someone up above is telling you guys time to get a mini van!! ;) (j/k) Sucks to hear about your car, but glad you are ok! and I love that you ROCKED OUT a haircut and hi-lite like no big deal!!! J-YOU ROCK!! Seriously, you are my inspiration because I don't know how you do it all and yet stay so together. Just think, Matthew will never remember that cold bottle either. ;)