Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Every year I make New Year's Resolutions. This year, I am going to make them and keep a copy of them with me at all times to track my progress.

1. Be the best mother/wife that I can be. Every day I grow to love and cherish my family more and more. I want Jeff and Matt to know how much I care about them every day.

2. Be more positive. I have slowly, but surely been working towards eliminating negative energy in my life.

3. Get back in pre-baby shape by June. Don't we all have this on our list?

4. Read two books/month. I love reading and want to branch out from my normal reading material.

5. Take one calculated risk per month. Eleanor Roosevelt said that you should do one thing that scares you every day. I don't know if I can do that each day, but I am going to do something that scares me once per month. Try a new fashion trend, join the "advanced" yoga class, do something outside of my comfort zone.

I am going to start with these five things. I hope by devoting time and energy to them, it will make me a better person. I want 2009 to be a year of transition and change for me. I will be embarking on a new career, it will be my first year if motherhood, and if all goes according to plan Jeff and I will find a house. Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments: