Sunday, November 11, 2007

Strange Events

Over the past few days, there have been a series of three fairly odd things that have happened. It all began last Sunday...

Jeff lost his wedding band on our drive home from Grand Rapids. He was fiddling with his new flair and it slipped out of his grasp. It was dark and we were on the highway, so I told him we would find it once we got home. I knew it would be a challenge to find since it was dark out and I have a theory that the smaller the item dropped, the further it travels. At the end of the drive, we did not find the ring.

Travel forward six days, it is the weekend, Saturday night. We went to Hiller's Market to get some beer and munchies. I love Hiller's, but there are some pretty eccentric people who shop and work there. The woman scanning our items at the checkout asked for one of our ID's. Jeff forked his over. She noticed that he just had a birthday (November 5th) and that he was a scorpio. I informed her that we were both scorpios. She then went into an interesting dialogue about how in the next few days the moon would be in the house of the scorpian constellation and since Scorpio is the sign of "death and rebirth," we would be experiencing a tragedy soon and also rebirth. I began to listen more intently. What could she mean? She concluded by saying that "when this event occurs you can remember that the crazy lady at the grocery store mentioned something about it." The very same day, Jeff received terrible news that his grandmother had been taken to the hospital, was very ill, and was expected to pass during the week.

Next odd event. Now this one is not nearly as intense. Jeff and I were flipping through the channels, and I said, "I wish the Wizard of Oz was on." Two channels later...guess what was on.

Today, Sunday...one week after Jeff loses his ring. We are on the way to church and Jeff is telling me what he would like for Christmas. I tell him that he will probably be getting a new wedding band. He then says out loud, "I wish I had my wedding ring back!" Not a moment goes by ... he looks over and down. There, smiling up at him was his wedding band, stuck in part of the seat belt plastic.

Now, you might think that all of these events are just a strange coincidence. I myself, do not know what to make of all of it. I have had odd instances happen like this before, but never so many so close together. It makes me wonder if these situations are simply coincidence or if there is something else going on.

1 comment:

mamie said...

It's "The Twilight Zone"..revisited!

I am so glad that the ring was found!! I know it's a precious token of great affection.

I'm also very glad Grandma Burch was able to have a somewhat lucid moment to express her affection to you both and that she would always be near. Tomorrow could be all together different. She was very relieved after the call, which was amazingly well planned in some spiritual element. To hear her calling out "Jackie, Jackie..."she couldn't quite get out Jacqueline. It was important to her.